A few more pictures







Just went for a walk around sunset and took a few pictures. I needed to get out and not think about everything. After all my struggling last year, I've been here exactly a week and I've got two jobs now. I went on a second interview today with Panera Bread and I start training on Thursday. And then yesterday I went to the job fair at my school and got a job working 6-9 AM in the school cafeteria. Between the two jobs, I should be able to work about 25 hours, which will be more than enough, it's just always hard the first month or so. I'm probably going to be one day late on my rent because I only get one check this month, and I still have textbooks, art supplies, probably film, chemicals and paper to buy. I'm really happy everything's working out, I just hope I don't get behind in my classes because of financial reasons.

I have a good feeling about being here and so far everything indicates that I've made the right decision. Yesterday I actually got to sit down and SPEAK with my advisor IN PERSON. In fact, I have two advisors: one is one of my teachers this quarter, and the other is William Snyder, who has won four effing Pulitzers. At the Academy, my advisor was some woman in Colorado who wouldn't even let me take French. And they said so far I'm coming along nicely in my degree progress and on track to graduate and all that.

I'm just always wishing I had some sort of reassurance that everything will work out for the best. I mean, I got on a train at 2AM and traveled 3,000 miles alone to a place I've never been, to live with people I'd never met, I'm taking 18 credits a quarter, going into debt, I'm working two jobs, and now I'm going to be waking up at 4:30 AM to ride my bike 5 miles in the frigid cold. I just hope this all pays off or whatever. I'm definitely not complaining though. Believe it or not, I am thoroughly enjoying this so far.

Anyway, I'm in love with the song "Acid Tongue" by Jenny Lewis. I just can't get enough of it right now for some reason. It's so sweet and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment